It has been more than a decade that Gmail has been around and it continues to be one of the most popular and reliable webmail service available on the internet. It should go without saying that there is a reason why Gmail manages to stay on the top and compete well against all of the webmail services. The simplest of all the reasons being Gmail has more to offer than any of its competitors. Let us take the liberty of mentioning the top 10 amazing features which are a part of Gmail but you perhaps didn’t even know they existed.
10 Amazing Features In Gmail That You Didn’t Know About:
Following are the top ten amazing features of Gmail.
- While numberless people make use of the dots in their email ID for the purpose of separating their first and last names, what they don’t know is that a firstname.lastname@example.org and a Markjohn@gmail.com are essentially the same for Gmail. The dots simply don’t matter.
- With the utilization of the Boomerang application, Gmail enables you to put your emails on snooze. Once you have opened and read your email, but would like to be reminded of it later, the Boomerang app will send that email back to your inbox as unread message after a set period of time.
- If you would like to track how your email ID is being utilized while entering it to subscribe to a newsletter, for instance, of a shopping website, you can simply put a + sign followed by a word such as email@example.com. It will enable you to receive the emails from the website but you would also be able to track if the website has given your email ID to anyone else.
- If you receive a huge amount of emails on a daily basis because of the nature of your work or business, it is highly recommended to activate desktop notifications for your Gmail. It will save you the hassle of visiting your inbox after every couple of minutes since a small notification at the corner of your screen will let you know when you have received a new email.
- It has never been easier to delete all of your emails in a matter of seconds. Gmail enables you to select all of your emails by clicking on a small box which is located right next to the refresh button. Once checked, all of your emails will be selected which can now be conveniently deleted simultaneously.
- Gmail actually enables you to un-send an email if you have accidently hit sent. All you have to do is go into the settings and locate the Labs option. Scroll down and you’d be able to find “Undo Send”. This option can be used after 5 to 30 seconds of hitting send depending on your settings. See: How To Recall an Email in Gmail
- With the multiple colored stars which can be used for labeling of your emails, Gmail enables you to have a highly organized webmail experience. For instance, you can put a yellow star on your work emails, an orange star on your business emails, a purple star on promotional emails etc.
- More often than not, there are emails which you have read and responded to but don’t intend to keep. All you have to do is make use of the Send and Archive option while sending the email and it will then disappear from the rest of the clutter in your inbox. It won’t be placed in the trash
- Gmail does also enable you to preschedule your message provided that you are aware of a better time to send a particular email but you know that you won’t be able to access Gmail at that time. Under such circumstances, you can preschedule an email and it’ll be automatically sent at your defined time.
Last but not the least, Gmail enables you to view your account’s recent activity in order to determine if it has been hacked. All you have to do is scroll to the very bottom of the page. Towards the right end, you will find a link that reads DETAILS. Click on it and you will be able to view the recent activity of your account.