KVM means Keyboard, Video and Mouse, and KVM software helps the users in controlling different computer systems with one or more video monitors or keyboards. KVM switch is generally used in cyber centers, for handling multiple computers for connecting to any server.
KVM Software Uses
- You can avoid multiple devices for your PCs in handling multiple computers.
- Controlling all your PCs with one mouse or keyboard doesn’t make you any confusion. It will be really very comfortable in handling your devices.
- Accessibility of your PCs will be easy at any time with just one move with mouse pointer for the desired PC.
- Data can also be exchanged easily between all your computers.
KVM Hypervisor Open stack
KVM Hypervisor is a Kernel-based Virtual Machine, which is a virtualization layer that operates multiple operating systems in sharing a single host. KVM inherits Linux Kernel as a hypervisor for managing and improving its performance.
Open Stack is an open-source software for cloud computing but it doesn’t have any hypervisor but handles different hypervisors like KVM, Hyper-V. KVM is the choice for Open Stack as it has strong integration with Linux kernel and support from OS vendors.
Open stack developments are dealt with KVM hypervisor as it is the most efficient hypervisor in finding support for issues occurred.
- Laptop for work, school and play: With Office 365...
- Essential productivity: This nimble laptop...
CentOS is an operating system with UNIX background and was recently merged up with Red Hat in 2014. CentOS had 3 major repositories including software packages. They are Base, Updates and add-ons.
KVM Installation CentOS
KVM hypervisor open stack grows quickly in Linux server. KVM requires hardware support like Intel. And also you have to check whether it supports CentOS in host machine. And for kvm installation CentOS follows certain process as
- $ egrep –i ‘vmx /svm’ –color=always /proc/cpuinfo
Use the above code, and if you get CPU flag as ‘vmx’ or ‘svm’, then your system is supportable for the hardware.
- Before installing KVM, always check SELinux booleans and be aware of it as it misleads KVM. For disabling SELinux use the following code
$ sudo –e /etc/selinux/config
Then reboot the PC to apply the changes.
- Install CentOS any version which supports your operating system. After installing the software run it and then change the destination folder as you desire.
- Create a SWAP space from the partitions of the hard drive of your required capacity and it is dependent on RAM.
- Create a mount point which derives a different file systems installed. Keep in mind of your requirements of home, partitions at various mount points.
- Protect your settings with security password.
- CentOS came up with new environment i.e., Gnome and will have a different experience when you had a touch screen.
- CentOS solves, booting problems with GRUB with Linux distros.
And finally CentOS 7, was greatly improved and now easier to adopt on Desktop. KVM installation CentOs hypervises by Open Stack and more over it would be flexible and comfortable in solving your technical issues.
At present, everyone preferring CentOS improvised version of CentOS 7. Try it out, and you will have a great experience.