In this day and age it is almost impossible to survive without an email address. But if you are not a frequent computer user you may not know how to make email address. You will often find that something or someone will require you to have an email address so finding out how to make an email address may be important.
A good example would be when you are submitting forms – whether it be for a new purchase or registration with a club or society the question of an email address will often come up.
The reason everyone asks for an email address is very simple – its one of the easiest and cheapest ways of communicating. This is especially true for businesses wanting to communicate with their customers. For this, email is very important.
If you are not a frequent user of technology then you may find yourself needing, but not knowing how to create, an email address.
In this article we will provide several easy to follow tutorials teaching you how to make an email address.
How to make email address with Microsoft
It is very easy to learn how to make email address with Microsoft. The only thing thats not easy is understanding all of the various names that Microsoft email goes by.
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to...
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED...
The Microsoft email system is now re-branded as Outlook. This was part of an overall process to make everything cloud based, accessible from anywhere and to tie in this cloud infrastructure with the traditional desktop email client (Microsoft Outlook).
However, when you visit Outlook.com, you are forwarded to live.com – Microsoft’s way of keeping you on your toes.
Then there is Hotmail, which was the original name for Microsoft’s email system, and one that most people are still familiar with. If you specifically want a Hotmail address you can read our article on how to create a new email address with Hotmail.co.uk.
How to make the email address
In order to make an email address with Microsoft, simply visit outlook.com. Once you arrive on the site you will see a registration link as in the screenshot below.
After clicking on the sign up now link you will be taken to the registration page. Here you will be prompted for a fair amount of information such as personal details, address, phone number and so on.
The key points to note on this page are:
- Email address – you can chose from outlook.com and hotmail.com by default, and enter your own name at the start (making email@example.com). Note that most common name combiniations are already taken so you may find yourself having to add a number to the end of the first part of the email address.
- Password – Note that the password must be at least 8 characters in length. The other requirments can also be confusing but basically the password must have a combination of at least two of the following – upper case letters, numbers and/or symbols. So for example, Caravan1 would pass the test because it has an uppercase “C” and the numeral 1.
- Captcha – at the end of the signup form you will see some strange looking letters which are actually part of what is called Captcha. These letters are written in a way that only a human can read them (although thats not always the case). In order to submit the form you must enter the letters that you see into the box below them. Dont worry if you cant interpret the letters first time – Just keep clicking on “new” until you see a set of letters that you can read.
- Promotional offers box – before clicking the submit box, remember to un-tick the promotional offers box if you don’t want to receive marketing email from Microsoft.
Once you have completed all of the fields and entered the Captcha information, click on create account and your email address will be created. So thats how to make email address with Microsoft.
- Officially Licensed FGTeeV & FUNnel Vision by...
- Tumble dry
How to make email address with Yahoo
The procedure for how to make email address with Yahoo is very similar to the signup process used by Microsoft. Firstly visit the Yahoo mail website. Then click on create account.
At the next page you will once again be prompted for some personal information. The Yahoo signup form actually asks for much less information so should be a much shorter process.
Once you have entered your information, simply click on “Create account” and you have a Yahoo email address.
How to make email address with Gmail
The Gmail email signup form can be found here. A very similar process once again. Its just a case of entering your personal information and clicking on Next.
The gmail signup form is a similar length to the Microsoft form. Gmail use a more complicated Captcha system to verify you are a human. They present you with words from a printed book that you must enter into the appropriate box. However, if you cannot understand the image then you can choose to skip this step in which case you will be asked to verify your phone number instead. This verification is normally done by an automated phone call or text message.
These are just a few guides on how to make email address with various providers. There are of course hundreds if not thousands of different email providers – some free and some paid for.
But the ones we have listed are those that we think are easiest to create.